Have you ever been to a fine coffee shop and noticed the vanilla sugar they have for your coffee? Have you ever priced vanilla sugar on the store shelves? Then this recipe is for you.
Things You'll Need
- Vanilla beans
Its so easy to make your own vanilla sugar. Simply scrape your vanilla bean out and place the seeds two cups of sugar. Now throw in the pod and bury it deep in your two cups of sugar.
Add in one whole vanilla bean with the seeds. This infuses extra flavor into the sugar. If you do not like your vanilla sugar very strong omit this step and continue on to step three.
Cover your sugar container and gently shake your sugar back and forth to combine the flavors. Let sit covered for 2 weeks so that the flavor will infuse into your sugar.
Use Vanilla sugar just as you would normally use granulated sugar for a festive taste treat.
Tips & Warnings
- This is a great holiday treat for the coffee or tea drinker on your list. Simply put in a nice jar (just remind them to remove the seeds and pod prior to ingesting).
- This adds a festive touch to any party.
- Place on a small decorative plate to add a fresh scent to any room.
- Roll your sugar cookies into vanilla sugar (after removing pods and seeds) for a festive holiday cookie treat.
- Vanilla sugar also makes a great homemade facial scrub. Simply add 1 Tablespoon to a handful of warm water and wash your face using it as a scrub. A wonderful treat for the young lady in your life.
How to Make Sugar Free French Vanilla Cappuccino
Enjoy a delicious cup of French vanilla cappuccino without the concern of consuming excess sugar. Make your coffee at home using sugar-free...
How to Store Vanilla Beans
Vanilla extract is fine for everyday use, but special recipes call for pure, rich vanilla beans. Keep them ready by storing them...