Add a bit of magic and color to your room with a cute and colorful sparkle bottle, then shake the bottle and watch the sparkles swirl slowly through the water. Sparkle bottles take only a few minutes to make, but they can be fun to watch for hours.
Things You'll Need
- Small plastic bottle with a securely fitting lid
- Light corn syrup
- Metallic glitter and confetti in a variety of shapes
- Cold water
- Plastic funnel
- Brightly colored ribbon
Fill the plastic bottle three quarters full with light corn syrup. Use a funnel to make pouring easier and neater.
Add a bit of metallic glitter and confetti.
Add enough water to fill the bottle.
Put the lid on the bottle securely, and shake it.
Tie a bow around the neck of the sparkle bottle.
Tips & Warnings
- If you want to add a bit of color to your sparkle bottle, add a few drops of food coloring. Don't add too much, because you don't want to hide the sparkles.
- Your sparkle bottle can be as big or as small as you like. Just be sure you use a plastic bottle with a lid that fits tight, and that you have enough corn syrup.
- Make several small sparkle bottles and give them to your friends as Christmas or birthday gifts.
- Have a sparkle bottle party with your friends. Gather several plastic bottles with lids, and make sure there is plenty of corn syrup, glitter and metallic confetti for everybody. Let everybody make their own sparkle bottle to take home with them.
How to Make Liquid Glitter
Liquid glitter is a great item to keep for anyone who makes craft projects. Use liquid glitter in paper crafts, body painting,...
How to Make Sparkle Snow Paint
It's inexpensive and easy to make sparkle snow paint using items found in your kitchen cabinets. Your children can use the paint...
How to Make Wine Glasses Sparkle
Whether you are having a glass a wine at dinner by yourself, with your spouse, or maybe you are entertaining a dinner...
How to Make a Glitter Lamp
Glitter lamps are fun and easy to make. The popularity of glitter lava lamps first grew in the 1960s, during the psychedelic...
How to Make Your Own Glass Beaded Garden Sparklers
A step-by-step tutorial on how to make your own beautiful, sun-catching glass-beaded garden sparkler for your yard.
Opening Sparkling Wine Bottles
Opening sparkling wine takes a special touch. Learn how to properly open a sparkling wine bottle from a wine expert in this...
How to Make a Tornado in a Bottle
To make a tornado in a bottle, fill a plastic bottle partially with water, add a few drops of dish soap and...