Low carb diets have worked wonders for many people, but they require a great deal of dedication and will power since in order to maintain weight loss dieters must resist adding lots of breads or sweet desserts back into their diet after they have achieved their goals. With this great carrot cake, however, you can literally have your cake and eat it too.
Things You'll Need
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup soy protein isolate powder.
- One level teaspoon baking soda.
- 2 heaped tablespoons sugar substitute
- 2/3 cup grated carrot
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavouring
- 2 teaspoonfuls rum flavouring
- 3 eggs
- 7 tsp melted butter
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Loaf pan
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Large mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl
How to Bake a Low Carb Carrot Cake
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Spray the loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. This will prevent your carrot cake from sticking to the pan.
Mix the almond flour, soy protein isolate and baking powder together in a small mixing bowl. Use a spoon to avoid causing the dry ingredients to fly everywhere.
Mix the eggs, butter and heavy cream in the large mixing bowl. The batter should be creamy in color and thin.
Add the vanilla and rum flavorings.Continue to run the mixer at a medium setting as you add these ingredients.
Beat in the sugar substitute.The batter will be slightly grainy, but should be even in color and consistency.
Mix in the dry ingredients. The batter will still be relatively thin at this point.
Stir in the grated carrots.Use a spoon for this step if you want to avoid shredding the carrots with the mixer.
Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Use the spatula to make sure that you get all of the batter out of the bowl.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. The cake is done when it has pulled away from the sides of the pan and the top is firm to the touch.
- Photo Credit http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://bp2.blogger.com/_09Yse7bVN8U/RvKtxb-ld2I/AAAAAAAAAUk/Vob8KXMegI0/s320/100_2265.JPG&imgrefurl=http://mischeviousmandy.blogspot.com/2007/09/stuffed.html&h=240&w=320&sz=14&hl=en&start=8&um=1&tbnid=hXaUecMjrEx_YM:&tbnh=89&tbnw=118&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dlow%2Bcarb%2Bcarrot%2Bcake%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4ADBS_enSG224US232%26sa%3DN, http://farm1.static.flickr.com/226/450178917_1d0dfebc46.jpg?v=0, http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://bp2.blogger.com/_wAVccjOeYzc/Rkmk84os6RI/AAAAAAAAAok/9S1BKP4Wdes/s400/carrot-cake-recipe4.JPG&imgrefurl=http://jeenaskitchen.blogspot.com/2007/05/carrot-cake.html&h=300&w=400&sz=26&hl=en&start=4&um=1&tbnid=Ux41bdtkCui2_M:&tbnh=93&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddry%2Bcake%2Bingredients%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4ADBS_enSG224US232
How to Bake Low-Carb Banana Bread
Overly ripe bananas practically scream to be made into banana bread. If you're watching your carbohydrate intake, you don't have to forgo...
How to Bake Low Carb Cookies
Low-carb dieting is a great way to lose weight, but it requires dieters to forgo almost all sweets and bread-based foods. As...
How to Make Low Calorie Salmon Cakes
Salmon is a nutritious food, high in both omega-3 fatty acids and protein, and containing only 142 calories per 100 grams. Salmon...
The Best Sugar Free Chocolate Cake
When it comes to the "best" sugar-free chocolate cake, some qualifiers are in order. By replacing sugar, you have to make a...