A garden salad is a fresh alternative to fast food. It is a great tasting way to start eating a healthier diet. Make a garden salad with just a few simple ingredients and the following steps.
Things You'll Need
- Various salad greens
- Olive oil
- Various spices
Wash the greens carefully, making sure not to bruise them. Dry them by placing them on folded paper towels. Put the washed and dried greens in a large bowl.
Cut up the tomatoes, onions, carrots, broccoli and cucumbers. Place these in the bowl as well.
Make croutons. Cut slices of day-old bread into ½-inch cubes. Melt 1 tbsp. of butter in a skillet, adding a little bit of oil. Add various seasonings and the bread cubes. Fry until light brown in color.
Add the croutons to the greens and vegetables. Drizzle a light salad dressing over the garden greens, vegetables and homemade croutons.
Toss the salad lightly to cover the entire garden salad with the dressing.
Tips & Warnings
- Try making a homemade dressing using a little olive oil, vinegar and spices that complement the salad.
- Store-bought croutons work just as well as homemade croutons.
- Be creative with the salad. Just because it's healthy, doesn't mean it has to be boring.
- Instead of iceberg lettuce, try substituting romaine lettuce or spinach.
- Be careful when handling the salad greens. They can bruise easily.
- Always exercise caution when handling a sharp knife.
How to Make Olive Garden Salad Dressing
Do you love Olive Garden's salad dressing? I have a recipe that is very similiar (I cannot tell them apart) and just...
How to Make Copycat Recipe for Olive Garden Salad
Love the taste of Olive Garden's salad, but don't love the price tag of a meal out? Now, you can make this...
How to Make Tuna Salad
Tuna salad - the great American staple of lunch boxes and tuna fish sandwiches nationwide. It's easy to make and fondly remembered....
How to prepare chicken salad
preparation steps for chicken salad
How to Make Olive Garden Bread Sticks
You May Also Like. How to Make a Salad Better Than Olive Garden. There is something about the famous Olive Garden salad...
How to Make Macaroni Salad
Whether you're having a summer barbecue or cooking inside to stay out of the cold, macaroni salad is a great addition to...