Guitar picks: They're not just for strumming strings anymore. Many people are now sporting pick-laden fashions to pronounce their love of all things music. One very clever idea is to sport a guitar pick charm bracelet. Best of all, this unique piece of jewelry is easy to make at home.
Things You'll Need
- Assortment of standard guitar picks (available at music stores)
- Chain link charm bracelet
- Small jump rings with splits (available at craft stores)
- Small drill or hole-punching tool
- Needle-nose pliers
Determine how many picks will be used for the bracelet. Laying the bracelet out flat will give a good indication as to how many picks can go on the jewelry. Space the picks however you choose.
Choose a spot on the broad end of the guitar pick where the hole will be made. The hole should be close enough to the top for the jump ring to fit through and attach to the bracelet, but not so close that the pick will split open.
Make a hole in the pick using a drill with a very small bit. Another hole-punching tool can be used; just be sure to be safe with hands, furniture and household surfaces.
Loop a jump ring through the hole in the guitar pick.
Attach the guitar pick to the charm bracelet with the jump ring. Use the needle-nosed pliers to close up the small split.
Repeat this process until you have the desired number of picks on the bracelet.
Tips & Warnings
- E6000 glue can be used in place of a drill. Place a dot of glue on the pick and attach a jump ring so that half of the ring rises up over the pick. String a second jump ring through this loop and attach to the charm bracelet. Allow time for the glue to dry to the ring and pick before attaching.
- Personalize your pick charms by painting them or gluing on small rhinestones.
How to Make a Guitar Pick Necklace
Jewelry, particularly handmade jewelry, should be a unique expression of who you are. If you or someone you know plays the guitar,...
How to Make Guitar String Bracelets
A guitar string bracelet is a type of jewlery accessory that is made from used guitar strings. In 2006 "Wear Your Music"...
How to Make a Guitar String Necklace
Some guitarists go through dozens of strings in just a few weeks. Throwing them away seems like a waste. Instead, repurpose them...