A bridal shower is the perfect time for the future bride to get together with her friends and family and share a special moment. It is a time to laugh together and to reminisce. It is also the perfect time to offer the bride some friendly advice about married life. Offering the bride marriage advice is a tradition for most bridal showers.
Things You'll Need
- Book of quotes or quote website
Think of what advice you would like to give before the bridal shower and write it down.
Look for inspiration in quotes about marriage, love or romance. You might find inspiration from a quote from a recent movie or perhaps from Shakespeare.
Consider advice that you would have liked someone to give you about marriage. Write down anything else that comes to mind.
Narrow your choices for the advice you could give to three choices. Polish these to make them clear and to the point.
Read your selections out loud and see which one sounds the best. Trust your intuition and make one selection to bring to the bride.
Carry this advice with you to the bridal shower. Keep it in your pocket or purse until the appropriate moment.
Give the advice to the bride in a warm and engaging way. End your advice by wishing the bride happiness, joy and long life for her marriage.
Tips & Warnings
- The best advice is gentle, humorous and light-hearted. A bridal shower is an occasion for laughter and fun, it is not a therapy session.
- If you have reservations about the bride's choice in a husband, now is not the time to offer your opinion by giving this as advice. The bride will only remember your ruining her special day, not your words of wisdom.
- Advice can be about any subject imaginable, from sharing the television remote to who gets the last slice of pizza.
- If you are single or otherwise unmarried, focus on wishing the bride happiness in her marriage and offer gentle advice that does not sound bitter or like sour grapes.
- A nice idea is to make the bride a book of all of the advice given to her in the shower. This can be done simply by bringing a pretty blank book to the shower and a calligraphy pen and asking everyone to copy their advice into the book.
List of Bridal Shower Trivia Game Questions
Bridal showers are time to get together with girlfriends and celebrate one special bride-to-be. To enhance the fun atmosphere of your next...
Funny Tips to Give a Bride on Her Wedding Day
A bride's wedding day is often one of the happiest days of her life, but it can also be incredibly stressful. Humorous...
Advice for Wedding Shower Cards
Advice cards have become a popular feature of bridal showers. Guests write their own marriage advice on the cards which are then...