A paid podcast differs from a free podcast in that you will be charging your audience to view your content that is marketed and advertised through your Web server.
Obtain a commercial sponsor, preferably a major corporation or large business. This is the best way to generate revenue for your podcast.
Solicit donations from listeners.
Place advertisements on your Web site or blog. Google AdSense is one way to accomplish this goal. AdSense places ads on your Web site. Each time someone clicks on an ad, you receive a fee.
Tips & Warnings
- As a podcaster, you don't have to worry about large overhead, and the revenue generated through your podcast will be mostly profit.
- If you are able to generate a substantial listening audience, the chances of obtaining major sponsors for your podcast increases.
- There is no geographic limitation to your listenership. Anyone in the world with a computer or mp3 player can potentially hear the show.
- Make sure your content cannot be found for free elsewhere. Your podcast will not generate profit if your audience seeks other avenues.
- Be sure to upload your podcast to your Web site in a binary format. In any other format, you will risk corrupting your file.
How to Create a Script for a Podcast
So you've decided to add a podcast to your blog-congratulations! You're on the fast track to the cutting edge. But what can...
How to Publish your Podcast on iTunes
Apple's iTunes Store provides an index of free podcasts. You can add your own podcast to the iTunes store so other iTunes...
How to Create a Sports Podcast
Create your own sports podcast, give your own commentary and play-by-plays of basketball, football, tennis, baseball, or your sport of choice.
How to Create Podcast Logos
No matter what kind of podcast you're producing, a good icon is vital. Not only does it help to catch the eye...
How to Secure Podcasting
You can create a secure podcast and restrict public access to your proprietary media or sensitive internal corporate information. Use secure podcasting...
How to Make a Podcast Using a Powerpoint
Use podcasts (a series of digital media files typically viewed or listened to on portable media devices such as an iPod) to...