Light the night with glow-in-the-dark party decorations. Make these yourself with phosphorescent paint to create the designs you want. Glow sticks are another means of making glow-in-the-dark decorations. Set up your glowing party décor for a spooky Halloween party or for a night party at any time of the year.
Things You'll Need
- Phosphorescent craft paint
- Paper steamers
- Cardboard star shapes
- Paper tablecloth
- Glow sticks
- Black light bulbs
Brush phosphorescent craft paint over paper streamers to cover the streamer. Let the paint dry completely. Tape the streamers along the walls.
Place cardboard star shapes on top of a paper tablecloth and outline the stars with a pencil. Remove cardboard stars and paint the tablecloth star outlines with phosphorescent paint.
Cover cardboard star shapes with phosphorescent paint. Attach the painted cardboard stars to the walls with tape.
Break glow sticks to activate the glowing chemicals just before the party starts and insert them into balloons. Blow up the balloons and tie them closed. Tape balloons to the walls at the end of the streamers.
Tips & Warnings
- Replace the light bulb in the party room with a black light bulb and remove the shade to improve the black lighting and make the decorations glow.
- "The Halloween Book of Facts and Fun"; Wendie C. Old; 2007
- "501 TV-Free Party Games for Kids"; Hinkler Books; 2005
- Photo Credit Jupiterimages/Photos.com/Getty Images