DampRid is a household product that prevents mold and mildew development by absorbing excess moisture in the air. The active ingredient in DampRid, calcium chloride, is considered nontoxic and does not emit noxious gases or fumes.
DampRid can cause skin and minor respiratory irritation. There is no stated information in the Material Data Safety Sheet indicating that the ingredients in DampRid are carcinogenic or cancer-causing. In addition, there are no known chronic health effects caused by DampRid.
Always wash your hands after using DampRid because small amounts of the product can be ingested through transmission from your fingers to your mouth. Even if small amounts of DampRid are ingested, no internal or systemic injury will occur.
DampRid needs to be kept away from children. When it contacts eyes, it can cause irritation. If you get DampRid in your eyes, call your doctor and flush your eyes for 15 minutes with large amounts of cool water.
Rid Lice Treatment Side Effects
One of the first-line treatments for head lice recommended by medical professionals is Rid Lice-Killing Shampoo, which is found at most drugstores...
Products for Mold Prevention
Mold is hardy and can grow anywhere that moisture, oxygen and organic material are present, so it is frequently found in homes....
What Is in DampRid?
DampRid is a product designed to prevent mold and mildew from growing in the home or office. The manufacturer produces a variety...
How to Absorb the Moisture in a Safe
Most safes may be designed to protect your belongings and important documents from fire and theft, but chances are they aren't waterproof....
How to Make Smelling Salts
Smelling salts work their "magic" on the unconscious when the nose absorbs the odor through the mucous membranes making the swooner breathe...
Is Damp Rid Just Calcium Chloride?
Mold and mildew thrive in a humid, moist environment and if allowed to grow can destroy your home and belongings. A moist...
Damprid Mold Removal
Damprid is a mold removal and prevention tool that controls the moisture in your home. Without excess moisture, mold cannot grow, which...