Typically, treatment for mold spores in the lungs requires a wait-and-see approach because the condition disappears on its own. However, if it doesn't go away you can undergo treatment.
Aspergillosis--an infection, growth, or allergic response due to the Aspergillus fungus--occurs in individuals with weaken immune systems who inhale mold spores in their lungs.
A mild case of aspergillosis is an allergic reaction. A serious case of mold spores in the lung is known as invasive aspergillosis.
To treat allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis, your doctor will prescribe anti-asthma drugs, such as corticosteroids. Oral corticosteroids, given in high doses at first, will open your airways and allow you to cough out the mold spores.
For invasive pulmonary aspergillosis, or mold that has invaded you lungs and spread to your other organs, you will receive antifungal medication for several weeks. These medications, such as amphotericin B and voriconazole, will eliminate the mold spores in your lungs and the rest of your body.
If you do wait and the worst-case scenario occurs--bleeding in your lungs--surgery is an option. Your doctor will surgically remove the mold spores or fungus balls from your lungs.