As Andrew Lloyd Webber states in "Phantom of the Opera," a masquerade is a place where "you can fool any friend who ever knew you!" However, fooling your friends is much harder if you have to hold your mask up with your hands to avoid breaking your glasses. With the strategic application of a few pieces of foam, even a bespectacled Phantom can attend a masquerade gala wearing a mask worthy of the Broadway production.
Things You'll Need
- 8-inch long strip of 1-inch thick foam
- Rubber cement or strong glue
Cut the foam into four strips of equal length.
Place your mask down on a soft surface and put your glasses face-down on the eye holes.
Arrange the four pieces of foam on the back of the mask around the edges of the glasses on the temples and cheekbones. Place your face in the mask and re-arrange the pieces of foam until they provide a comfortable cushion between your face and the glasses.
Place rubber cement on the back of each foam piece and place each one glue-side down back where it was comfortable. Wait about 10 minutes for the rubber cement to dry.
Try mask on with your glasses to ensure that it fits. Then prepare for an evening of masks and mystery.
Tips & Warnings
- Make sure your mask still ties or attaches the way it is supposed to with the foam extensions in place. If it does not, you may need to add a ribbon extension or find another way of securing it.
- Try walking with the mask on before you go out so you get used to the modified vision.
- Photo Credit Thomas Jackson/Lifesize/Getty Images
How to Make Masquerade Ball Masks
Masquerade ball masks are small masks that you wear over your eyes and nose. These masks are used for balls and Mardi...
How to SCUBA Dive With Glasses
SCUBA stands for self contained underwater breathing apparatus, which allows divers to stay underwater for extended periods of time. Poor vision can...
- What Kind of Outfit Can You Wear With a Masquerade Mask?
How to Make Masquerade Masks
Masquerade masks can be created from simple masks found at the craft store, a few feathers and some beads. Use a hot...
How to Wear a Snorkel Mask With Glasses
Snorkeling is a water activity involving wearing masks that block the air intake of the nose, and a mouth guard fitted to...