Toga parties are a classic theme where guests come adorned in sheets wrapped and dressed up to look like people you might have seen back in the days of the Roman Empire. While togas are often droopy and formless for a woman, a sexy toga dress can add a little modern touch to your toga look, while showing off your shape and style.
Things You'll Need
- Queen-sized bed sheet
- Measuring tape
- Safety pins
Lay your bed sheet out flat and cut off a quarter of the sheet lengthwise. To make your dress form-fitting and sexy, you want to cut off excess fabric so that you don't have a bunch layered and hiding your figure.
Hang one end of the bed sheet over your left shoulder. It should drape down stopping just above the small of your back with the rest of the sheet hanging across your torso.
Wrap the sheet around your upper torso just below your bra line. Wrap fabric over the piece of sheet draped down your back to secure that end to your body. Wrap it around once pulling it back to the front.
Wrap the fabric again over the first wrap but slightly lower. Continue wrapping until the fabric is about mid-thigh (shorter or longer if you prefer). Tuck the other end of your fabric into the top of the fabric in the back as you would a towel.
Tips & Warnings
- For added security, safety pin each wrap at your side and pin the tucked fabric in the back. You could also pin the first wrap across your front to your undergarment or wear a tube top or spaghetti strap shirt underneath in case of a fabric slip.
- To add sexiness and style, go for an updated look using colorful patterned sheets or try satin sheets in a solid color such as a velvet red or deep purple.
- Pair your dress with some sexy accessories including high heels and sparkling earrings. A cute belt around the waist makes the dress more form-fitting.
- Apply some sexy makeup with dramatic smoky eyes and red lips.
- Use a larger sheet or don't cut your queen-sized sheet. Drape the fabric, letting it hang in long dress fashion. Cut a daring slit in it once pinned to add some sex appeal.
- Photo Credit Larry Busacca/Getty Images Entertainment/Getty Images
How to Create a Sexy Toga
The next time you're invited to a toga party "Animal House"-style, spice up your Greek garb. While some toga-making tips can leave...
How to Make a Toga Out of a Bed Sheet
It's happened to everyone. You show up at a costume party unprepared and you're the only party-goer wearing street clothes. If you...
How to Make a 2 Sheet Toga
Short on costume ideas? A toga is a cheap and easy fix. While a sheet will do, this usually isn't the best...
How to Make a Toga Costume for Women
Toga parties are a popular theme at many gatherings throughout the year. While it is easy for men to drape a sheet...
How to Make a Toga Out of a Sheet for a Woman
Toga parties are a common type of event on many college campuses. These gatherings are often impromptu, with little time available for...
How to Make a Simple Girl Toga Out of a Bed Sheet
Last-minute parties may require you to get a bit creative with a costume. Toga parties, holidays or themed parties are all reasons...
How to Make a Dress Out of a White Sheet
Everyone has extra bed sheets around their house. You can turn old or new sheets into a beautiful dress without much time...
How to Make a Toga for Women
A toga was originally an outfit that was worn in ancient Rome. During this time, women were not allowed to wear the...