Attempting to use a NuWave Twister to prepare your favorite dip is pointless if you don't know how to operate it. The NuWave Twister allows you to prepare (and store) small portions of dips, smoothies and spreads without the clumsiness of a large blender. This device does not operate with the push of a button, however, so familiarity with the assembly and proper use of the NuWave Twister will help you avoid blade mishaps, overheating and spills.
Things You'll Need
- NuWave Twister power base
- Rubber gasket
- Small or large cup
- Cross or flat blades
- Storage lid
- Ingredients for recipe
Wash the supplies (except the power base) with soap and water before first use to avoid the new plastic smell and taste.
Place the power base on a stable, level working surface to avoid tipping over; do not plug it in.
Prepare ingredients. If the ingredients are solid, break or cut them into 1-inch portions.
Fill the cup size of your choice with the ingredients. Leave room for the blades, and do not overfill the cups.
Attach blade assembly to the cup. The rubber gasket lines up with the bottom-inside of the blade assembly. Screw the blade assembly to the right onto the cup until flush with the gasket for spill-proof contact.
Attach the blade-cup assembly to power base. With the blade side of the assembly down, align the notches on the outside of the blade assembly to alternate with the notches on the inside of the power base. Do not twist the blade-cup assembly so that the blade assembly notches secure under the power base notches.
Plug in the NuWave Twister. This device is only compatible with 120 volt AC electrical outlets.
Blend ingredients. Gently press down on the cup, and turn it to the left so that the blade assembly notches are aligned under the power base notches (turn to the right to stop blending). Only use in increments of five seconds or less to prevent overheating.
Disassemble the device. Wait until the blades stop spinning to remove the assembly from the power base. Unplug the power cord.
Scoop out the blended ingredients. Remove the blade-cup from power base, and flip it so that the blades are the top of the assembly. Unscrew the blades from the cup by turning the blade assembly to the left.
Serve ingredients, or use provided lid for storage.
Tips & Warnings
- Cross blades are useful for the majority of blending purposes, but use the flat blades if you want a more smooth consistency of the ingredients (such as whip cream).
- Clean the blades by wiping down one side of the blade at a time instead of wrapping the blade with a sponge or cloth; this will help prevent cutting yourself.
- The blades are activated by twisting the blade-cup assembly on the power base. Do not twist this assembly until fully assembled and ready for use.
- Do not wash the power base. If the base needs cleaning, wipe it down with a damp cloth, but do not immerse in water.
- IBC-Hearthware; "NuWave Twister: Operating Instructions"; Model No: 22091
- Photo Credit Jupiterimages/Photos.com/Getty Images
How to Cook Using the NuWave Oven
Cooking or baking is easy and tastes delicious when using the Nuwave Infrared Oven. Just about anything you have ever cooked in...
How to Train With a Power Twister Bar
The power twister bar is used to build upper body strength. Most bars are made of steel with plastic grips at each...
How to Use a Power Twister
The Power Twister builds strength and size in your chest and arms. The piece of equipment looks like a bar, about 30...
Instructions for a NuWave Convection Oven
The NuWave oven is an infomercial-touted cooking appliance that offers three-way cooking, using infrared, convection and conduction to cook frozen food to...