In "The Sims 3" life simulation game, one of the aspects you control is your Sim's age. You begin the game with a Sim in one of three age categories, young adult, adult or elder. Under normal circumstances, that Sim ages gracefully over time. If you wish instead to keep your Sim as he is, forever young, or old, and immune to death by natural causes, the game options allow you to do this. An ageless Sim gives you more time to play the game with that character. More time means more opportunities for skill advancement and professional pursuits.
Launch "The Sims 3" application and choose to start a new game or click one of your saved games listed on the main menu screen.
Click the "Options Menu" in the lower left corner of the screen. The button looks like a circle with three dots in it. Choose "Options."
Click the "Game Options" tab on the "Options" screen. The tab has a pair of gears on it.
Uncheck the box next to "Enable Aging." This will prevent all Sims in your game from growing older.
Click the check mark symbol in the lower right of the "Options" screen to save your changes and return to your active game.
Tips & Warnings
- If you would like to slow down aging rather than turn it off completely, leave the "Enable Aging" box checked but slide the "Sim Lifespan" control bar all the way to the right for an "Epic" lifespan.
- Uncheck "Enable Story Progression" under the "Game Options" tab if you don't want your Sim's neighbors and other town inhabitants to change homes, grow families or move away.
- An ageless Sim will not die of old age, but she can still die from a household accident, such as fire or drowning. Do not mistake ageless for invincible.
- Unigamesity; "The Sims 3"; How to Age Sims Faster, Stop Aging and Avoid Death; Calin Ciabai; February 2010
- The Sims 3 User Guide; Electronic Arts Inc.; 2009
- How to Slow Down the Aging Process Naturally
How to Stop Error Code 12 in "The Sims 3"
Error Code 12 in "The Sims 3" is described in the game's documentation as a "world save failure." What this means is...
How to Make Your Baby Grow Up Quickly on "The Sims"
Age progression occurs automatically in "The Sims 3" virtual life game as the game runs. When two Sims have a child, it...
How to Stop Rumors on "Sims 3"
Multiple expansion packs have added features, worlds, items and locations to "Sims 3" since the game's release. Your Sim may be subject...
How to Disable "The Sims 3" Intro
It's always nice to see the names of companies who brought you fun games like *The Sims 3*, but watching the intro...
Cheats to Make My Sim Younger in the "Sims 3"
In "The Sims 3" players take control of a virtual avatar called a Sim and have the option to raise that Sim...