Sexy bee. Sexy mouse. Sexy police officer. It seems like every female-specific costume these days is a sexy version of something boring. If you're a lady with a silly sense of humor and a penchant for the absurd, do something different for your next Halloween or costume party by dressing up like a household object. A coffee cup, a telephone, a pencil or even your favorite brightly-colored loofah are all fair game for funny -- and yes, possibly even sexy -- costume ideas.
Things You'll Need
- 30 to 50 yards of tulle
- Matching T-shirt and shorts or short dress
- Tights in matching color
- Safety pins or needle and thread
- 10 to 12 feet of white rope
- Silver glitter spray (optional)
- Rhinestone tiara (optional)
- White shoes
Cut the tulle into more manageable pieces measuring 1 or 2 yards apiece.
Crumple up the pieces of tulle to make them fluffy.
Put on the shorts and T-shirt or dress and the tights, which should all match the color of the tulle.
Bunch up the crumpled tulle and safety-pin or stitch it to your clothing in a billowing, loofah-like pattern. Solicit help for the back.
Cut the rope into three equal pieces. Knot them together at one end, or tie them securely with a piece of thread. Braid the three pieces together.
Form the braid into a loop and pin it to your shoulder.
To make the loofah look wet, spray it all over with silver glitter spray.
Wear the costume with white shoes and a tiara if desired.
Tips & Warnings
- If you are wearing the costume with a T-shirt and shorts, be sure not to pin them together (for restroom purposes).
- Silver glitter spray is available at many party stores.
- How much tulle you'll need will depend on how large the person wearing the costume is.