Countless home and business owners have a lack of time or interest in taking on cleaning tasks, so they seek out a cleaning lady who can help them take care of these responsibilities. Often a cleaning professional works on her own and is not able to be located via the yellow pages. Therefore, you will have to be willing to look in a variety of places in order to locate a trustworthy and reliable person to fill the position.
Ask family, friends and acquaintances for referrals for a cleaning lady. Word-of-mouth referrals prove valuable in many cases because they often come from people who have firsthand experience with the person.
Browse the "Services" section of your local newspaper to find individuals who are seeking professional cleaning jobs, or run your own "Help Wanted" ad in the paper. Include the start date, days and hours needed, job duties and pay offered in your ad to generate more interest from applicants.
Contact your local college's career center and ask if they allow "Help Wanted" ads to be posted on campus. Ask about the possibility of running an ad for a cleaning lady in the school paper if you don't mind hiring a student.
Advertise your interest in finding a cleaning lady on online sites such as craigslist.org, eBay classifieds.com, go nannies.com or angieslist.com. Include all the pertinent details of the job so readers will know what you need. Some of these sites allow you to search for job seekers.
Tips & Warnings
- If you have a family member or friend who uses the services of a cleaning lady part time, and you would like to hire the person for your own part-time cleaning, it may work out well.
- Always check the references of any cleaning professional you consider hiring. You may find out helpful information by doing so.
- Photo Credit Woman cleaning the house. image by maron from Fotolia.com
How to Hire a Maid
There just aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done. When household chores consume most of your free time, drop...
How to Use the FlyLady Cleaning Method
The Fly Lady is a homemaker who learned how to de-clutter and clean home with advice from the Slob Sisters and now...
How to Find a Good Cleaning Service
There are plenty of cleaning services available, but finding a good one can be challenging. The cleaning service that is least expensive...
- How to Find Clients Who Need House Cleaning
- How to Pay Your Cleaning Woman
- How to Clean Out Blocked Fallopian Tubes