Husqvarna Viking has a variety of software for creating machine embroidery files and writing them to disks. One of these software programs is 3-D Disk Manager. It is used to put files on floppy disks in a format that is readable by the embroidery machine. A version of the software is also available for USB sticks--the 3-D Disk Manager USB. The process is simple and intuitive, allowing even non-computer-savvy users to create their own custom machine embroidery design collections.
Things You'll Need
- Digitized embroidery file (formatted as DST or HUS files)
- 3-D Disk Manager USB computer program
- Computer with USB port
- USB stick
Open the 3-D Disk Manager USB program on your computer. Click "File." Select "Open" in the drop-down menu. Browse your computer to find and open the digitized embroidery designs that you would like to write to a USB. If you would like to separate the designs into different menus, click on the "Disk" menu. Select "Menu 1" through "Menu 4."
Plug your USB stick into the USB drive on your computer. In the program, select "Edit." Click "Disk Preferences." Select "Disk Options." From that options window, choose the letter drive of your USB stick. Click "OK."
Click on the "Disk" menu. Select "Write." If desired, name your disk and your menus. Click "OK." The program will format your USB stick and write the design to the disk. You can now use it with your Husqvarna Viking Embroidery Machine.
Tips & Warnings
- You must have the USB version of the 3-D Disk Manager program to write to a USB stick. The original version is only compatible with floppy disks.
- Loading more than one design at a time onto your USB stick will save time and trouble later. You will not have to worry about losing files during formatting.
- When the program formats your USB stick, all previous files will be deleted. Make sure you have back-ups of anything important before you begin this step.
- Husqvarna Viking 3-D Disk Manager USB, Help Screen
- Sew Much 4 Retirement: Janice Henning's Tips & Techniques
- Photo Credit embroidery image by Maksim Shebeko from Fotolia.com
The Husqvarna Embroidery USB Dongle Won't Read
Cloth embroidery has entered a new phase with software-based designs. Included with the Husqvarna embroidery software is a dongle device, requiring attachment...
How to Thread a Viking Husqvarna Sewing Machine Model 150
The Husqvarna Viking 150 was one of the company's professional-grade sewing machines, allowing users access to basic sewing functions as well as...
How to Change JPEG Files to HUS Embroidery Files
Files with an "HUS" suffix are graphic embroidery files used in Husqvarna Viking sewing machines. This brand of sewing machine can be...
How to Register Husqvarna Sewing Machines
Husqvarna Viking sewing machines are one of the oldest sewing machines still being manufactured today. They are well over 100 years old...
How to Troubleshoot a Husqvarna Viking Designer 1
The Husqvarna Viking Designer 1 is a digital sewing machine. It includes a touch panel display and a floppy disk drive for...