Displaying your artwork correctly can make a significant difference in how your artwork is received by viewers. Creating a display that is clean without distractions is therefore critical. Using plywood, Styrofoam and cloth, you can create art display panels that are easy to pin artwork into and will result in a clean look.
Things You'll Need
- 2 24-by-48-inch pieces of ½-inch-thick plywood
- 3 hinges with ¼-inch screws
- 2 24-by-48-inch pieces of 1-inch thick Styrofoam, the same size as the plywood
- 2 30-by-54-inch black or white fabric pieces
- Craft glue
- Staple gun
Glue a piece of Styrofoam onto each piece of plywood. Let dry completely.
Lay the Styrofoam face down on the fabric. Fold the fabric around the Styrofoam to the back of the plywood. Staple the fabric in place. As you work around the board, pull the fabric taught. Repeat for the other board.
Attach the pieces of plywood together by screwing the hinges on the length of the plywood.
Glue a piece of paper over the back to cover the fabric ends--if you want a clean back.
Stand the art display panels upright. They can stand on their own by slightly folding the panels in.
Tips & Warnings
- Change the size of your art display panels by changing the sizes of the plywood and Styrofoam.
- For three panels, add one more panel to the other side of the display panels with hinges.
- Make sure the artwork attached is not too heavy to make the display panel fall over. If it is, heavy secure the display panels against a wall.
How to Make Your Own Mesh Display Panels
Mesh display panels are a convenient way to show off your artwork and other creative pieces in galleries, conferences and art shows....
How to Make Display Walls for a 10x10 Canopy
Craft fair canopy displays are individual crafters' private showrooms to decorate with their own unique style. These displays are travelling stores, and...
Art Show Display Ideas
Whether you're designing the display for a professional art gallery opening or a first grade art show for parents' night, your installation...