Rice cookers are designed to take out the factor of human error. When you know how to use your RC400 Black & Decker Rice Cooker, you will never again have soggy, pasty rice, or rice that burns to the bottom of the pot. These are ideal if you consume rice on a regular basis. The best part of a rice cooker is the warming feature which will hold the cooked rice for up to 24 hours, so now your rice can wait until dinner is done.
Things You'll Need
- RC400 Black & Decker Rice Cooker
- Cup included with rice cooker (See tip)
- Per serving:
- 1 cup (from rice cooker) rice
- Water to fill to the equivalent mark inside the cooker (for 3 cups rice, water fills to the 3rd mark inside the cooker)
Wash and dry the cooking bowl. Insert the cooking bowl inside the unit to fit tightly against the heating plate.
Using the 5 1/2 ounce measuring cup that came with the rice cooker, measure out one scoop per serving of rice. Each scoop will yield one 8-ounce cup of cooked rice.
Pour water inside the cooking bowl up to the number that is the same as the number of scoops of rice you put in. If you put in four scoops of rice, fill the inside to the "4" mark with water. The minimum amount of rice you can prepare in the RC400 Black & Decker rice cooker is three 8-ounce servings and the maximum is seven.
Plug in the unit. Close the lid of the rice cooker and press the "COOK" button. The cooking light will come on until the COOK cycle is completed.
Wait for the rice cooker to complete its cooking of the rice. When the rice is finished, the COOK light will go out and the WARM light will come on. You do not have to make adjustments for time. There are sensors inside of the rice cooker which will automatically switch the unit to the WARM mode when the rice is done. It does not matter what kind of rice used or the number of servings made, the machine will properly detect when to shut off the cooking mode.
Open the lid, fluff the rice and serve. The rice cooker will keep the rice warm until you unplug the appliance.
Unplug the unit to turn off the warming mode.
Tips & Warnings
- The cup included with the rice cooker is 5 1/2 ounces instead of 8 ounces used for traditional measuring cups. For best results, use only the cup that came included with the rice cooker. You must make at least three servings of rice in the RC400 model.
- To prevent electric shock, be sure that the rice cooker and all of the parts are completely dry before using. Do not place rice cooker beneath cabinets. The steam released during cooking can damage wood.
How To Cook Black Rice
Plain white rice typically takes a back seat in most dishes, quietly playing a supporting role and leaving the focus on brighter,...
How to Cook Rice in a Rice Cooker
Rice is very simple to cook at home, especially if you have a rice cooker. Rice cookers are inexpensive and make this...
How to Use a Black & Decker Flavor Scented Steamer Plus
The Black and Decker Flavor Scenter Steamer not only allows you to steam a wide variety of foods, but you can also...
How to Use Black & Decker Steamers
Black & Decker steamers are food appliances that can steam rice or vegetables. These steamers allow you to add flavorings to the...
Instructions for Rice Cooker
Rice cookers are convenient, versatile and easy to use. A standard rice cooker will only require only two or three steps for...