Although store-bought bubbles are fairly inexpensive, with this recipe, you can make more than a quart of bubble liquid for practically nothing.
Things You'll Need
- Food Coloring (optional)
- Jars With Lids
- Wire Whisks
- Buckets Or Dishpan
- 4 tbsp. liquid dish soap
- 4 tbsp. glycerins
- 1 qt. water
Mix water, liquid dish soap and glycerin in a bucket or dishpan.
Stir with a wire whisk until blended.
Let mixture sit for 24 hours.
Pour bubble mixture into small bottles or large pans, depending on size of bubbles desired.
Store unused bubble mixture in a jar with a lid.
Tips & Warnings
- You can experiment by adding more or less glycerin or dish soap to achieve the desired consistency.
- If you don't have glycerin, try using the same amount of corn syrup instead.
- Use no-tears baby shampoo instead of liquid dish soap if you're worried about bubbles stinging children's eyes.
- If desired, add a drop of food coloring to the mixture to make colored bubbles.
- Blowing bubbles is always more successful if done outdoors.
How to Make Homemade Edible Bubbles
This article gives a homemade edible bubble recipe, details how to make them and how to blow the bubbles.
How to Make the Perfect Bubble Solution
When making a bubble solution, let kids help stir the mixture and get involved in the fun process. Create the perfect bubble...