Although store-bought bubbles are fairly inexpensive, with this recipe, you can make more than a quart of bubble liquid for practically nothing.
Things You'll Need
- Food Coloring (optional)
- Jars With Lids
- Wire Whisks
- Buckets Or Dishpan
- 4 tbsp. liquid dish soap
- 4 tbsp. glycerins
- 1 qt. water
Mix water, liquid dish soap and glycerin in a bucket or dishpan.
Stir with a wire whisk until blended.
Let mixture sit for 24 hours.
Pour bubble mixture into small bottles or large pans, depending on size of bubbles desired.
Store unused bubble mixture in a jar with a lid.
Tips & Warnings
- You can experiment by adding more or less glycerin or dish soap to achieve the desired consistency.
- If you don't have glycerin, try using the same amount of corn syrup instead.
- Use no-tears baby shampoo instead of liquid dish soap if you're worried about bubbles stinging children's eyes.
- If desired, add a drop of food coloring to the mixture to make colored bubbles.
- Blowing bubbles is always more successful if done outdoors.
How to Make Homemade Edible Bubbles
This article gives a homemade edible bubble recipe, details how to make them and how to blow the bubbles.
How to Make Glycerin Bubbles
Kids love to make bubbles. Of course, you can purchase bubble solution virtually anywhere and provide your children with the tools they...
How to Make the Perfect Bubble Solution
When making a bubble solution, let kids help stir the mixture and get involved in the fun process. Create the perfect bubble...