Bring the smell of lavender into drawers, closets and other areas with a lavender pillow sachet. The smell is relaxing and the sachets can be decorated simply or more elaborately depending on your taste. Perfect for wedding favors and bridal and baby showers. Make lavender pillow sachets for yourself or give them away as a sweet gift.
Things You'll Need
- 10-inch square of organza
- 1/4 cup of dried lavender flowers
- 1/4 cup of dried rose petals
- 12 inches of ribbon (optional)
- 2 to 3 drops of fragrance oil
- Needle and thread or sewing machine
Smooth out the organza and cut it in half. Fold both halves and cut each in half again.
Fold one of the pieces of fabric in half to resemble a rectangle.
Sew the end of the rectangle shut and sew the long edge shut as well. Leave the top open.
Mix the lavender flowers, rose petals and fragrance oil together.
Open the top of the organza tube and fill with lavender and rose petal mixture.
Sew the top shut or cinch closed with ribbon. Glue decorative items onto sachet, like rhinestones or artificial flowers, if desired.
Repeat procedure for remaining organza pieces.
Tips & Warnings
- Refresh a sachet by replacing the lavender and rose petals or just adding more fragrance oil. Leave the top of the sachet open for easy refilling and simply cinch shut with a ribbon.
- Place sachet away from clothes and other fabric. The fragrance oil can stain clothes and may damage furniture by removing the finish.
How to Make Lavender Pillows
For some, the scent of lavender in their pillows helps them sleep better, cutting down on insomnia. Dried lavender (Lavandula augustifolia) flower...
How to Make Dried Rosemary Sachets
Rosemary's soothing aroma makes it a staple in potpourri mixtures and its delicious flavor can be recognized in many savory food dishes....