Cleaning a TV screen is a very simple and necessary task. Taking care not to damage the surface of the device is of utmost concern. Once the television screen has been properly cleaned, a bright, crisp picture is sure to please everyone. Use the following tips to clean a TV screen.
Things You'll Need
- Cotton or commercial cleaning cloth
- Anti-static wipes
Purchase anti-static wipes from a grocery or home improvement store. 3M Scotch Brite High Performance Cloth is an excellent choice for screen cleaning.
Ensure that the television is turned off and unplugged from the electrical outlet.
Wipe the dust from the surface of the TV screen very lightly with the anti-static wipe. Do not apply too much pressure to the TV screen surface.
Use a water dampened, non-abrasive or cotton cloth to wipe across the TV screen's surface to remove pet hair, dust and fingerprints. Dry the surface of the TV screen immediately after damp wiping the screen.
Tips & Warnings
- Use a small amount of vinegar on the damp cloth to remove any stubborn stains.
- Be sure to read all of the television manufacturer's manuals for specific TV screen care.
- Water and a small amount of mild soap can be used to clean the surface of a CRT (glass tube) TV screen.
- Never use strong solvents or chemicals to clean an LCD TV screen.
- Do not use newspaper or any other paper products to clean a TV screen.
- Overly aggressive cleaning of LCD TV screens can cause pixel damage.
- Always ensure the television is completely turned off, discharged and unplugged from the electrical supply before cleaning.
How to Clean a Vizio Flat Screen TV
Vizio has always prided itself on offering the latest technological advances in flat-screen televisions. Regardless of what Vizio model you have, it's...
How to Clean a Samsung Flat Screen TV
With the improved picture quality of flat screen TVs comes a far more sensitive technology than that which made up the cathode...
How to Clean a TV Screen
Cleaning a TV screen is as simple as using glass cleaner and a clean rag to wipe dirt and dust from the...
How to Clean a Flat Panel TV Monitor Screen
Cleaning a flat panel TV must be done delicately so as not to damage the unit. Learn how to clean a flat...