If you keep an outside blog, you can import it to your Facebook account using an RSS feed. By importing an RSS feed, you can easily add notes to your profile without repeating your posts on several Web sites.
Things You'll Need
- Facebook account
- Computer with Internet access
- RSS feed from an external Web site
Import an RSS Feed to Your Notes
Sign in to Facebook's home page using the email address you registered with (see Resources below).
Follow the "My Notes" link from the navigational menu. If you have already entered notes on your page, then they will load for you to preview or edit.
Select the "Import Blog" or "Edit Import Settings" link in the Notes Setting section. If you are already importing from a blog, the URL will appear here. You can only import from 1 source at a time. Simply "Stop Importing" if you want to change to an RSS feed.
Enter the URL for the RSS feed in the box. Check the box next to the statement that you actually own the content. You cannot import RSS feeds from Web sites that are not your own or that you do not have permission to reproduce.
Click the "Start Importing" button. Facebook will import the content of the RSS feed for you to preview. If everything looks good, then go ahead and hit the "Continue" button. Now your RSS feed is automatically imported into your "Notes" section.
Set your privacy levels to determine who is allowed to view your notes, which now contain your RSS feed.
Tips & Warnings
- An RSS feed is created with content from a blog or news Web site. If you do not have one built-in to the CMS software you are using, there are several third-party solutions available to aggregate your source.
- For help with RSS feeds, Facebook offers a specific help section (see Resources below).
- You cannot import the RSS feed of another Facebook profile into your account.
- Avoid posting personal data and information into your notes, whether it is imported from an external Web site or entered directly.
- You cannot edit notes that have been imported through an RSS feed.
How to RSS to Facebook Pages
If your existing website or blog uses an RSS feed, you can quickly add it to your Facebook "Notes" page. This is...