It’s National Adopt-A-Cat Month, folks! As the adoptive mother of three fluffy felines, I know all too well what a kitty can add to your household; however, I thought I would let my cat-obsessed toddler do the talking. Here they are:
My Three-Year-Old’s Best Reasons for Adopting a Cat
10. Whenever a vase “happens” to get knocked off the table, you can totally blame it on the cat.
9. Now you don’t have to ask Mom for water; a bowl of it is always within reach.
8. They make fantastic pillows. (Although sometimes they’ll pretend not to enjoy the entire weight of your head on their body, lol!)
7. You’ll finally have somebody who can empathize with your rough life of sleeping and eating and playing all day.
6. You won’t always be the one responsible for the bodily fluids found on the floor.
5. If you’re in need of a toy, the underside of sofas and chairs will usually have small balls within reach. Score!
4. Your talent for running around aimlessly with a string will finally get the recognition and appreciation that it deserves.
3. You won’t be the only one in the house who protests while getting nails clipped.
2. Your mom will finally have somebody else to torment with her silly hat obsession.
1. Two words: bed warmer.