Combine chicken with white rice and mushroom soup to make a filling casserole that requires only 10 minutes of preparation time. The dish can be served on its own, as a side dish, sandwich or tortilla wrap. A basic baked chicken and rice with mushroom soup recipe yields enough for six servings.
Things You'll Need
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 10-oz. cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup white rice
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- 9-inch-by-9-inch baking pan
- Aluminum foil
Preheat an oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Combine two cooked, cubed chicken breasts, two 10-oz. cans cream of mushroom soup, 1 3/4 cup water, 1 tbsp. ground black pepper and 1 cup white rice in a mixing bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth.
Pour the mixture into a baking pan. Use the wooden spoon to spread the rice evenly in the pan, if it clumps up in one spot, the casserole will cook unevenly.
Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and place into the oven. Bake for 55 minutes.
Use a potholder to remove the pan from the oven. Remove the foil from the top of the baking pan and stir the casserole until it is an even consistency. Allow the dish to cool for five minutes before serving.
Tips & Warnings
- Use an extra tablespoon of pepper to add a subtle spice to the dish.
- "365 Easy Chicken Recipes: Quick, Easy Ways to Cook Chicken"; Cookbook Resources; 2008
- "The Great Chicken Cookbook: Over 230 Simple, Delicious Recipes for Every Occasion"; Editors of Reader's Digest; 2011