Although cleaning magic marker from any surface requires carefully matching the cleaning agent to the surface type, cleaning a window blind requires no mistakes because you will have a visible reminder of that mistake. If you choose the wrong chemical, the magic marker will never come off. If the cleaning agent doesn't agree with your blinds, you might leave spots or streaks. Blinds come in a variety of materials, so you have one shot; learn how to remove the guesswork from cleaning permanent magic marker from your blinds.
Things You'll Need
- Fingernail polish remover
- Fingernail polish remover application brush
- Magic eraser
- Cotton rag
Apply the fingernail polish remover to the magic-marker mark using the fingernail polish remover application brush.
Allow the fingernail polish remover to set for 10 to 15 minutes.
Wipe with a damp cotton rag.
Plastic or Wood
Moisten the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.
Remove the blinds from the window.
Lay the blinds on a table or flat surface with the stain facing up.
Isolate the marked blind by spreading the blinds with your fingers.
Wipe the stain with the eraser using a vigorous rubbing movement.
Tips & Warnings
- Make sure to test fingernail polish remover on the edge of one of the blinds to make sure it doesn't strip the blind. If it strips the paint or finish, you may have to find a matching-colored spray paint and touch up the spot after you finish.
- Do not use fingernail polish on plastic because it could eat the surface, causing bubbles.
- When scrubbing the blinds, make sure to lay them on a flat surface. When you scrub the blinds, the flat surface will help support the blind so you don't bend or crease it.
- Photo Credit Jupiterimages/Goodshoot/Getty Images
How to Remove Permanent Marker From Clothes
A stain from a permanent marker can seem to be as the name implies---permanent. Running the clothing through the washing machine alone...
How to Use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on a Car
Mr. Clean came out with a new product called a Magic Eraser. This Eraser is rectangular in shape. It has a spongy...
How to Get Permanent Marker Off a CD
Care of compact discs can be a delicate matter. There is a chance of scratching this sensitive media, making the contents unusable....