Nothing is easier to toss together for a family dinner than a stir-fry. Chicken is well priced and delicious when not overcooked. This recipe takes only a couple of minutes to prepare and ten minutes to cook, so it's great if you don't want to slave over a stove for hours.
Things You'll Need
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced thinly
- Handful of green beans, trimmed
- 2 sachets sweet chilli and garlic stir-fry sauce
- Jasmine rice or noodles
Heat oil in a wok until hot. Alternatively, you can use a frying pan. Add the chicken pieces and stir fry for two to three minutes, ensuring the chicken does not stick.
Add the beans. Continue to stir fry until the chicken is cooked through and the beans are cooked while retaining a slightly crunchy texture.
Add the stir-fry sauce, tossing to coat the other ingredients. Once the sauce is heated, remove wok or pan from heat.
Serve with jasmine rice or noodles.
Tips & Warnings
- You can add other vegetables to the dish, such as red peppers, onion, mushrooms or sliced carrot. Using more vegetables not only adds variety to the dish but is also a good way to stretch out a meal if you are on a tight budget.
- You can replace the sweet chilli and garlic sauce with another flavour if you wish.
- Photo Credit bratpfanne image by andreas reimann from Fotolia.com
How to Cook Chicken Stir Fry
Chicken stir fry is a quick, easy and healthy Chinese recipe. Combining deboned chicken with fresh vegetables like snow peas, carrots and...
How to Make a Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry
For an easy-to-prepare, tasty main dish, make chicken and vegetable stir fry. This cooking technique is widely used throughout Asia and became...
Chicken & Broccoli Stir-Fry Recipes
Ingredients for a chicken and broccoli stir-fry recipe include extra virgin olive oil, sesame oil, chicken breast, broccoli, onion, red bell pepper,...