Scotts makes several formulations of Roundup weed killer for home use, including two popular ones, Concentrate Plus and Super Concentrate. Each needs diluted at a different rate. Monsanto also makes Roundup products for commercial agricultural applications with names that include "Max" such as "Roundup PowerMax" or "Roundup WeatherMax." Most lawn and garden stores for homeowners sell the Scotts Roundup products. Check the name and follow the label of your specific product for dilution instructions, especially if you're using a product other than Roundup Concentrate Plus or Super Concentrate.
Things You'll Need
- Garden sprayer
- Measuring tablespoon
Pour 1 gal. of water into a tank sprayer that's plastic, fiberglass, aluminum or stainless steel. Don't use a galvanized sprayer or an unlined steel sprayer unless it's stainless steel, according to the Scotts Roundup label.
Measure 12 tbsp. of Roundup Concentrate Plus or 5 tbsp. of Roundup Super Concentrate, using a plastic or stainless steel measuring spoon that you use only for garden chemicals. Add the Roundup to the water.
Put the lid on the sprayer and shake it to mix the Roundup. Wash off the spoon and store it away from children and pets, where it won't be accidentally used for food.
Tips & Warnings
- For easy-to-kill weeds, the Scotts Roundup label recommends using 6 tbsp. of Concentrate Plus or 3 tbsp. of Super Concentrate per gallon of water.
- Increase or decrease the quantity of water and Roundup proportionately for larger or smaller sprayers.
- You can also use an 8-oz. measuring cup for larger quantities. Divide the number of tablespoons by 16 to calculate the number of cups.
- Follow the safety warnings on the labels when mixing and applying Roundup.
- Photo Credit Window, Door and Weeds image by Scott Griessel from Fotolia.com
How to Mix Roundup Weed Killer
Roundup is a popular herbicide that kills a wide variety of broad leaf plants and grasses. Roundup is sprayed on plants that...
Roundup Mixing Instructions
Roundup is a brand name for a glyphosate herbicide produced by Monsanto Corp. It kills weeds without harming grass or other vegetation,...
What Is Roundup Concentrate?
Roundup concentrate is the trade name of a glyphosate-based herbicide, manufactured by the Scotts Miracle-Gro company. In fact, the company produces several...
Round-Up Weed Killer Instructions
Roundup Weed Killer is available in different containers, including a hand spray bottle and the new "pump and go" container that allows...