One way to become more thrifty is to make your own soap. A liquid soap is more practical than a solid soap, since you can use liquid soap to wash your hands or to do the dishes. Making your own liquid soap solution isn't hard and requires just a few ingredients.
Things You'll Need
- 2 cups liquid castile soap
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 drops lemon essential oil
- 1/2 cup distilled vinegar
- Dish soap bottle
Pour your liquid castile soap into a bowl. You can purchase liquid castile soap online if no store near you sells it.
Add water to the soap and mix it.
Add the lemon essential oil and distilled vinegar, then mix all of the ingredients.
Pour your soap solution into the dish soap bottle.
Tips & Warnings
- If you don't like the lemon scent, you can use orange essential oil instead.
- Make several containers of soap at once and store them in a cool, dark place until you're ready to use them.
- Photo Credit bottle/container of handwash/hand wash/liquid soap/hygiene. image by L. Shat from Fotolia.com
How to Make Soap Bubble Art
It’s fun to paint, and it’s fun to blow bubbles. So it’s no wonder that painting with soap bubbles is twice the...
How to Make Giant Soap Bubbles
Simple recipe for homemade bubble solution that creates truly giant bubbles. Even small children can make huge bubbles with this solution.
How to Kill Bugs With Soap Solution
It can be expensive and harmful to the enviroment to use bug killing chemicals from the store. This recipe contains a recipe...
How to Make Homemade Soap
Homemade soap is an ideal birthday present, teacher or hostess gift or wedding shower favor. Glycerine soap base comes in a few...
How to Use Soap Solution With a Craftsman Pressure Washer
A Craftsman pressure washer includes a siphon hose for the application of soap solutions in deep-cleaning homes, buildings and concrete. Soap solutions...