With their sleek and smooth ink texture, Uniball ink pens are among the most popular ink pens around. However one downside to the Uniball is the pen's ability to leak or drip ink and there is nothing worse than finding ugly ink stains on your favorite shirt or clothing item. Fortunately there is a cleaning method that will remove your ink stain without requiring a huge amount of elbow grease or overpriced cleaning supplies.
Things You'll Need
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 toothbrush
- 1 cup powdered color-safe bleach
- 1 gallon warm water
- 3 tbsp. warm water
- 2 cups protein based laundry detergent
- 1 tsp. ammonia
- Medium bowl
- Mixing spoon
Removal Method For Uniball Vision Pen
Soak the stained garment in 2 cups of skim milk for one hour.
Scrub the stain with a toothbrush to help loosen the ink.
Using a spoon mix 1 cup of powdered color-safe bleach with 3 tbsp. of warm water in a medium bowl to form a paste.
Place the paste on the stain.
Let the paste sit for one hour.
Scrub the paste into the stain with a toothbrush.
Launder the garment with a protein based detergent.
Repeat if needed.
Removal Method For Uniball Deluxe Pen
Add 1 tsp. of ammonia and 2 cups of protein based laundry detergent to a bucket containing 1 gallon of warm water.
Add the garment and let it soak for 30 minutes.
Remove the garment and scrub the stain away with a toothbrush.
Rinse with warm water.
Repeat if needed.
Tips & Warnings
- If the garment is a dry clean only item inform the dry cleaner that the stain contains water soluble dyes. Also be sure that the cleaner uses a spotter technique.
- Do not place the garment into the dryer until the Uniball stain has been completely removed. Placing a stained garment into the dryer will set the stain into the fabric.
How to Remove Ballpoint Pen Ink Stains From Fabric
It always seems to happen when you forget to store your ballpoint pens in a pocket protector -- the cartridge leaks an...
- How to Remove Ballpoint Pen Ink Marks From Clothes
- The Best Pens for Writing
How to Remove Ink Stains From Fabric
Ink stains--a hazard for office workers everywhere! It's bad enough when you get ink all over your hands, but when it gets...