The purple passion cocktail—clearly named after its dominant flavors and coloring—has a strong grape and violet flavor that is aromatic and refreshing. The drink is versatile enough to pair with a vegetarian meal of fresh roasted vegetables or a simple dessert of homemade ice cream and raspberry cake. This recipe makes two cocktails.
Things You'll Need
- Cocktail shaker
- Ice cubes
- 3 oz. vodka
- 2 oz. grape juice
- 1 oz. violet liqueur
- 1 oz. grapefruit juice
- 2 tsp. simple syrup
- 2 chilled martini glasses
- Frozen grapes, for garnish
Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice cubes.
Add the vodka, grape juice, violet liqueur, grapefruit juice and simple syrup. Cover the cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for 20 to 30 seconds.
Strain the purple passion cocktails into two chilled martini glasses. Garnish each glass with a few frozen grapes and serve immediately.
Tips & Warnings
- Try using grape vodka instead of plain vodka.
- For a tropical twist, use fresh pineapple juice instead of grapefruit juice. This will make the drink a bit sweeter.
- "The Little Black Book of Cocktails"; Virginia Reynolds; 2003
- "The Ultimate Party Drink Book"; Bruce Weinstein; 2000
- Photo Credit Ablestock.com/AbleStock.com/Getty Images