A blackberry margarita is a simple variation on a classic drink. Usually prepared with gold tequila, triple sec, lime juice and Rose's sweetened lime juice, this variation replaces the sweetened lime juice with blackberry liqueur for an elegant drink that can be served before, during or after dinner. Blackberry margaritas are also great served with a simple dessert of French vanilla ice cream, white cake and fresh berries. This recipe makes two drinks, though it can easily be doubled or tripled for more drinks.
Things You'll Need
- Cocktail shaker with strainer
- Ice cubes
- 2 oz. white tequila
- 2 oz. triple sec
- 2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 2 oz. blackberry liqueur
Fill a cocktail shaker half-full with ice cubes.
Add the white tequila, triple sec, fresh lime juice and blackberry liqueur. Cover the shaker and shake for 15-20 seconds to combine the ingredients.
Using the strainer, strain the drinks into martini glasses. Garnish with a fresh lime slice.
Tips & Warnings
- Garnish the rim of the glass with salt by lightly wetting the inside and outside rim of the cocktail glass and dipping it into a plate or saucer with margarita salt.
- For a twist on this drink, reduce the blackberry liqueur to 1 oz. and add 1 oz. of honey liqueur.
- For a slightly different touch, serve blackberry margaritas in a short cocktail glass half-full with ice and salt around the rim. Garnish with a fresh blackberry or lime wedge.
- The Bartender's Best Friend; Regan, Mardee; 2002
- The Ultimate Bar Book; Hellmich, Mittie; 2006
How to Make a Good Vanilla Frappuccino
Some coffee lovers will take their brew any way they can get it, from chocolate covered coffee beans to coffee-flavored ice cream....
How to Make Blackberry Brandy
If summer blackberry picking has netted a rich harvest of plump, sweet berries, incorporate some of the bounty into sweet, tangy blackberry...
Berry Margarita Recipe
The recipe for a berry margarita calls for tequila, triple sec, sour margarita mix and blackberry brandy. Find out how to garnish...