Decorating for a wedding is a big responsibility. It should be a memorable day for the bride, groom and everyone attending. A popular material to use for wedding decorations is a fabric called tulle. This fabric has a light, ethereal look and is generally inexpensive. Incorporating lights in to your tulle will create soft lighting that creates romantic mood ideal for a beautiful wedding. Recruit an extra pair of hands and transform any room or hall into a soft dreamy vision with tulle and lights. Three yards of tulle is perfect for framing a doorway or laying along the edge of a long table. Whether you hang it on a wall or drape it on table, you'll have a lovely decorating feature.
Things You'll Need
- 1/8 inch wide silk ribbon
- Strands of white Christmas lights
- Pushpins or hooks
- 3 yards of tulle
Lay the desired length of tulle in a hallway or in a large area. Double up the tulle by folding it in half.
Plug in the Christmas lights and test it to be sure all the lights work. If you see a dead bulb, replace it and test the strand again. Stop the flicker option by removing the bulb closest to the electrical socket that has a red tip. Replace it with a plain clear bulb. Leave the plug hanging out of the tulle with plenty of cord to reach the electrical plug or an extension cord.
Measure out one foot sections of the one-eighth-inch wide silk ribbon. Cut the ribbon. Set the ribbon to the side.
Roll up the tulle with the lights inside. Try to keep the tulle even. Use the ribbon you just cut to secure the tulle about every eight to ten inches. Tie the ribbons into pretty bows for a pretty decorative touch.
Hang the tulle with hooks or push pins wherever you need them. Use push pins of the same color or spray with matching paint so that guests can not see them.
Tips & Warnings
- Pink is a wonderful tulle choice to use because it offsets a soft rosy color throughout the room.
- White and ivory tulle are also good romantic choices and look good with some silk ivy running through them.
- Use some large silk ribbons in matching colors to accent your tulle and lights. Place a silk ribbon over doors and wherever you hang the fabric.
- Use lights with white cords. This will help camouflage the cords while letting the light shine.
- Be careful with hot lights. Leave lights turned off until absolutely necessary.
- Occasionally feel the tulle to be certain the fabric is not getting too hot.
- Use the proper lights for the right venue. If your decorations will be hanging outside then use outdoor Christmas lights. For an indoor venue use indoor Christmas lights.
How to Hang a Wedding Backdrop
Wedding backdrops decorate ceremonies and reception sites, but you don't need to buy an expensive backdrop to make your special day beautiful....
How to Hang Tulle & Lights
Tulle is a lightweight, extra-fine netting usually made from cotton, nylon, rayon or silk that comes in a wide variety of colors....
How to Hang Tulle From the Ceiling
Tulle makes a great decoration for a party, special event or even daily use. Its light and airy look can add a...
How to Use Tulle With Lights
Tulle is an inexpensive fabric of very fine netting available in many colors at fabric and craft stores. Tulle is sold in...
How to Hang Lights at a Wedding Reception
The lighting at a wedding reception helps to set the tone for the event. The type of lighting fixtures you choose, the...
How to Use Tulle for a Backdrop
Set the stage for the bride and groom at the ceremony or reception by creating a backdrop with tulle. Tulle is an...
How to Decorate with Lights and Tulle for Weddings
Your wedding is one of the most romantic days of your life, and decorating with tulle and lights will reflect that. Tulle...
Wedding Decorations With Tulle & Lights
Tulle, a sheer netting, is an iconic fabric when it comes to creating wedding gowns and decorating the venues for weddings and...
Tulle is a versatile decorating material that comes in many colors, and is useful for weddings and other special occasions. It can...