White patent leather often comes in the form of shoes or purses and can be quite a fun and smart way to dress up your outfit. However, this type of material scuffs incredibly easily, leaving tiny marks all over your item. Sometimes patent leather can lose its shine and begin to look dull, which is especially a problem with white patent leather. Luckily, this can be easily reversed with simple methods.
Things You'll Need
- 2 cloths
- Mineral oil, nail polish remover, petroleum jelly or milk
- Fast-drying liquid paper or white vinegar
Purchase some mineral oil and dab a little bit on a cloth. Test it on a small portion of the shoes or purse to make sure it will not damage your particular item. Use the cloth to gently rub the scuff stains until they are removed. Alternatively, you can use a little bit of milk, nail polish remover or petroleum jelly.
Rub the scuffed areas again with toothpaste to make sure the areas are fully scrubbed clean.
Polish them off with fast-drying liquid paper, or pour a little bit of white vinegar on a cloth and rub it all over the shoes.
- How to Clean White Leather Shoes at Home
- How to Clean White Patent Leather
How to Clean White Leather
Take extra care when cleaning white leather garments and accessories. Everyday dirt is easy to clean away, but stains are harder to...
- How to Clean a Color Transfer on White Patent Leather
- How to Dye Patent Leather Shoes
- How to Whiten Tennis Shoes
- How Can I Clean the Yellow Stain Off White Patent Leather on Nike Shoes?