Sauna suits are vinyl suits worn during exercise to enhance the body's metabolism for optimized fat burning. The suits are designed to be worn over light exercise clothing such as T-shirts and shorts. Because sauna suits are exposed to sweat, they need regular cleaning to maintain their usefulness. Many manufacturers design suits that can be machine-washed. Sauna suits can be safely and easily hand-washed and rinsed.
Things You'll Need
- Large bucket or sink
- Mild liquid detergent
Fill the bucket or sink with cool or tepid water and add a splash or squirt of mild liquid detergent such as a dish detergent or Simple Green.
Turn the sauna suit inside out and immerse the suit in the sink. Gently swirl the suit in the cleaning solution.
Drain the cleaning solution and rinse the sauna suit several times in cool or tepid water.
Hang the sauna suit to drip-dry. When the inside is dry, turn the suit right-side out to completely dry all surfaces.
Tips & Warnings
- Consider hanging your suit upside down on a pants or skirt clip-style hanger so that no water pools around the legs or arms. Suspend the suit from the ankle cuffs for water to drip out. You can also clip the wrist cuffs.
- Wash your sauna suit regularly in Simple Green to remove exercise odors.
- Before you wash the suit, check the suit and seams for any tears or rips that need to be repaired.
- Do not expose sauna suits to heat, such as from a dryer, heater or direct sunlight.
Sauna Suit Dangers
Lots of techniques promise results in exercise and fitness settings. A sauna suit is one of the "wonder tools" that mimics the...
How to Clean a Sauna
A sauna is a great way to relax after a hard days work, but what happens when your sauna turns into a...
How to Use a Sauna Suit
Sauna suits are an up-and-coming trend that promise to help users lose weight and purify their bodies by sweating out toxins and...
How to Make a Sauna Suit
Athletes who need to lose a few pounds quickly to qualify for a weight class often wear sauna suits when they work...
How to Get Rid of a Sweat Smell in a Suit Jacket
Perspiration has no odor on its own. However, body odor can occur when perspiration comes in contact with bacteria on the skin....
- How to Clean Sweat Stains From Suit Jackets
Advantages & Disadvantages of a Sauna Suit
The sauna suit, or sweat suit, is a rubber suit that individuals such as athletes can wear while exercising to encourage their...
What to Wear Under a Sauna Suit
Saunas are often used to sweat out extra pounds and toxins and to improve your circulation. If you don't have access to...