Whether you want to be a clown, a skeleton or a pale-skinned vampire, you need to start your transformation with white face paint. Greasepaint and water-soluble makeup are available in costume shops and many party or novelty stores. However, you can whip up your own supply of white face paint at home with a few basic ingredients.
Things You'll Need
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing spoon
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon white all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vegetable shortening
Measure 5 teaspoons of cornstarch and 1 teaspoon of all-purpose white flour into a bowl. Stir until they're evenly combined.
Add 2 teaspoons of shortening to the dry ingredients. Mix everything together until you create a smooth paste.
Add a drop of glycerin to the paste and stir until the glycerin is evenly distributed. Glycerin gives the makeup a creamier texture. If you're not satisfied with the consistency of the makeup, add another drop of glycerin and stir thoroughly. Your face paint is now ready to apply.
Tips & Warnings
- For gluten-free face paint, use tapioca flour.
- To give your makeup a smoother finish, pat with your fingers to even it out. Dust with cornstarch to set the makeup.
- For colored makeup, add a drop of food coloring to a portion of your white face paint, then mix. Add more food coloring for bolder shades.
- If you have leftover face paint or don't want to use it right away, store it in an air-tight container.
- Glycerin is available in most drugstores and the pharmacy section of most supermarkets.
- Photo Credit amoklv/iStock/Getty Images
How to Make a White Face Paint Without Glycerin
Buying face paint can become costly, especially around Halloween, when you may need a variety of colors. You can create your own...
How to Do Geisha Face Make-up
Few make-up styles are as culturally distinctive as that of the geisha. The image of the strikingly white face with its accentuated...
Homemade White Face Paint
Store-bought white face paint, commonly sold during the Halloween season, often contains chemicals that can cause irritation or skin rashes on those...
How to Make Nontoxic White Costume Makeup at Home
Make your own facepaint or costume makeup at home and not only will you save money and a trip to the store,...
How to Make a White Face With Makeup Paint
While, pale faces serve as the basis for many Halloween looks including witches, vampires and ghouls. Learn how to create a flawless...
How to Make Face Painting Makeup
Face Painting tips! Learn how to make cold cream cat makeup for your Halloween Cat Face Paint in this free video with...
How to Apply White Makeup to a Zombie Costume
Halloween makeup tips! Learn how to put on zombie makeup in this free video clip about easy zombie Halloween costumes.