Ironing wool pants isn't that much different or more difficult to do than ironing any other type of pants. Taking wool pants to the dry cleaners can be a costly, unnecessary expense that can be easily avoided by ironing them at home. It only takes a matter of minutes and wool pants can be given the sleek professional look that they were intended to have.
Things You'll Need
- Ironing board Press cloth
Set the iron on the wool setting and give it at least five minutes to heat up.
Place the pants on an ironing board and line up the legs, making sure all of the creases and seams are lined up together.
Fold the top leg back, making sure the creases and seams are still lined up.
Place a press cloth such as a handkerchief or washcloth over the bottom leg of the pants that is to be ironed. The press cloth prevents the pants from getting too much heat and getting burned.
Move the iron back and forth over the press cloth, being sure not to press too hard by keeping the iron in constant motion, making back and forth motions from seam to crease. Iron from the top of the leg and work your way down moving the press cloth as you go.
Flip the top leg down and turn the pants over to press the other leg. Repeat the same process on the other leg.
Tips & Warnings
- Holding the iron in one place for too long will leave iron-shaped press marks on the pants. Use a spray bottle to mist the pants while ironing to help prevent overheating.
- Use caution when handling an iron and press away from the body so as not to get burned.
- Photo Credit wewearthings.blogspot.com
- How to Fix Shrunken Wool Pants
How to Make Iron-On Fabric Decals
So you need to put a patch on your jeans, but you don't like the tacky options available at the fabric store....
How to Iron Pants
How to Iron Pants. Nobody likes wrinkled pants. Face it, wrinkles make you look lazy and sloppy, almost as if you rolled...
How to Iron a Wool Suit
A wool suit is standard business attire whether the fabric is winter-weight or a lighter summer-weight. From time to time a wool...
- How to Clean Dress Pants
- How to Get Wrinkles Out of Wool
- How to Remove Sheen From Dress Pants