Here's a great way to save money AND add style & function to your kitchen.
Use a stainless steel kitchen cabinet handle as a hanging kitchen utensil rack.
Basically all you need is an appropriate handle and some hooks.
Things You'll Need
- Drill and appropriate bit
- Handle and screws
- Cooking utensils
- Want for more style in your kitchen
Of course we'll start out with the handle. Choose a straight long handle like the one I used, seen here. I got mine on eBay for a steal but you can find them other places, too. Ikea has them at a good price...
It should come with the mounting hardware necessary to install it.
Pick up some hooks. You can find them at your local home improvement store or hardware store such as Lowe's, Home Depot, or Ace hardware. Wal-Mart might even have some. I've chosen several kinds so that all my utensils hang more evenly. I also chose all the same style utensils for a consistent look.
Drill through the bottom of your upper cabinet to install the handle. This way no one has to worry about ruining their backsplash.
Here you can see my handle from the underside of the cabinet.
Tips & Warnings
- Countersink the screws so they don't interfere with the use of your cabinet.
- Get all of the same style utensils for a consistent look.
- Use different sized hooks so things hang evenly.
- As always, use and wear protective gear when necessary!
- Photo Credit photographed designed and built by Burke Urban
Things I Can Hang on a Pot Rack
Pot racks can add style to your kitchen while increasing your storage space. In addition to pots, there are many things you...