Skinless chicken breasts or center-cut pork chops are entrees that can be even more tasty and filling when stuffed. Stove Top Stuffing is a popular mix to use, but any such stuffing will work.
Things You'll Need
- One box Stove Top Stuffing or equivalent
- 4 large, boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 8 small, thin, boneless center-cut pork chops
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Baking dish
- Salt, pepper & seasonings to taste
Make your stuffing according to package directions and set aside.
Cut your chicken breasts in half down the center so that you have eight pieces. Make sure you turn the breast on the side and slice it as if you were cutting it into cutlets. Sprinkle all with salt, pepper and any other seasonings you usually use on chicken.
Spray the baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Put four pieces of the chicken in the baking dish. If you are making pork chops, put four of them in the baking dish, seasoned to taste.
Scoop a heaping spoonful of stuffing onto each piece of chicken or pork -- enough to cover the entire piece. Flatten it a bit with the spoon.
Lay the remaining four pieces of chicken or pork on top of the stuffing. Secure with toothpicks.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly.
Tips & Warnings
- You can buy chicken cutlets already cut, but they tend to be more expensive.
- A nice variation is to use chicken cutlets, lay stuffing on the center, roll it and tie to close.
- You can use spinach and a bit of shredded cheese instead of bread stuffing for the center.
- Discard any unused stuffing if your spoon touched the raw meat and the stuffing.
- Photo Credit Jupiterimages/Photos.com/Getty Images
How to Cook Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Fancy up your chicken breasts by stuffing them with yummy sweet red pepper, sage, and cheese all topped with a wine-based sauce....
How to Make Cheese Stuffed Bacon Chicken
This is a gourmet meal that you can wow your guests with. It isn't too hard to prepare but it tastes fantastic....
How to Make Easy Stuffed Chicken
The simplicity of this chicken dish belies its simple recipe and delicious flavor. The stuffing in the baked chicken fills the meat...
Baked Chicken Cutlets
The U.S. Department of Agriculture Economic Research Service states that chicken has become more popular in the diet in recent decades. In...
How to Stuff Chicken Breasts
Stuffed chicken breasts with a taste of Mexico will spice up any meal. Taco bacon-flavored chicken breasts with cheese will please the...