No need to spend thirty minutes once a week cleaning the tub and tiles in your shower. Keep your shower sparkling all week long with a few extra minutes at the end of each shower. This tip won't break your budget, either!
Follow these steps, and you should only have to do step one, one time.
Things You'll Need
- Multi-Surface Cleaner
- Spray Bottle
Clean your tub and tiles. You may want to use a bleach based cleaner to remove any mold or mildew that is on your tiles. Rinse all of the cleaner off of your shower.
Prepare a cleaning mixture that can be used on your shower every day. You will need a spray bottle, concentrated mixture of your favorite cleaning product, and water. Choose a gentle multi-surface cleaner. I use Mr. Clean Multi-Surfaces Liquid with Febreze Freshness.
Fill your plastic spray bottle about a quarter of the way full with your multi-surface cleaner. Fill the rest of the bottle up with water. This diluted solution will be safe to spray on your tub and tiles once a day.
At the end of each shower, take a moment to spray the solution on the surface of your tub and tiles.
Follow these easy steps and you should be able to keep your shower sparkling, without breaking your back, or your budget.
Tips & Warnings
- One bottle of multi-surface cleaner costs about the same amount as pre-made tub and tile everyday cleaners. By making your own solution, you will have 4-5 times the amount of cleaner for less money!
- Look for coupons in the paper for your multi-surface cleaner to stretch your dollar even further.
- Always check the warning labels on cleaning solutions.
- Never combine cleaning solutions.
- Test the cleaning solution on your tiles before using.
- Let the water run over your tub before you get into the shower. Sometimes the cleaner can make the tub slippery for the next shower.
How to Install Waterproof Drywall and Tiles in a Shower and Tub Area
Installing drywall and tiles in a shower and tub area has to be done with care, because of the moisture present in...
How to Clean Bathroom Floor Tiles
To maintain a fresh and healthy bathroom, it's important to clean its tiles regularly. Due to the high moisture levels in bathrooms,...