You can lose 10 pounds in one month but it will take discipline, hard work, and a whole lot of determination.
You must stay focused and just follow your plan for 30 days.
A time tested adage states, "shoot for the moon and even if you miss you'll be amongst the stars." Well, shoot for 10 pounds, and even if you miss, you lose 7-8.
Things You'll Need
- Gym, exercise equipment, or you could just use what you have, i.e. the floor, running in place, etc.
You are going to need to decrease your caloric intake about 500 calories per day. In order to accomplish this you must decrease your food intake by 20 percent and sweat as much as you can from aerobic and cardio exercise. You can ride a stationary bike, use a treadmill, brisk walks around your sub-division (and I do mean brisk walks, not walking and talking with a neighbor or friend, because you need to be working up a sweat).
If you are going to a gym, you need to workout at least 3 times per week. Do about 30 minutes of lifting with LIGHT WEIGHTS, nothing heavy. Then you're going to do 30 minutes of cardio. You can use the treadmill or any of the other cardio machines. You can play racquetball or participate in an Aerobics class.
The most crucial element in being able to lose 10 pounds in one month is going to be your diet. You could workout like Arnold, Rocky, Rambo, Rachael McLish, Corey Everson (my favorite female bodybuilder of all time) combined and you'll make little progress if your diet is not right. So do not defeat the purpose.
For that 1 month period you have to keep your diet as lean as possible. Eat salads with low-cal salad dressing. Drink water and no other liquid during this timeframe. Eat baked fish or chicken without the skin. For breakfast eat oatmeal, no butter, and a glass of water.
Tips & Warnings
- I am not getting my tips on how to lose weight from some guru or any of my favorite bodybuilders. It comes from working out consistently since I was 20 years old. I have always been a member of some gym, oftentimes I've had two gym memberships at one time.
- This has worked for me, I know how to lose weight. We all have different metabolisms, true; however the body responds to the pressure that you put on it, through diet and exercise.
- The body does not lie, and what's great about working out, going to the gym, is that it clearly reveals life's most poignant lesson: YOU GET OUT OF IT EXACTLY WHAT YOU PUT INTO IT. Plain and Simple!
- Photo Credit Creatas Images/Creatas/Getty Images
How to Lose 25 Pounds in One Month
Losing weight is a difficult process, and losing weight quickly can be an even more daunting task. If you want to lose...
How to Lose 20 Pounds in a Month
Did your close fit a lot better when you were 20 pounds lighter? Now is the time to stop making excuses and...
How to Lose 15 Pounds in One Month
Losing weight is a task that requires discipline and determination. In order to lose 15 pounds in one month, you will need...
How to Lose 10 Kilos of Weight in One Month
It is possible to lose 10 kilos (about 20 pounds) of weight in a month, but it does take resolve and firm...
How to Lose 20 Pounds of Fat in One Month Without Exercise
Often we vow to lose 20 pounds before a special occasion, only to find the date crept up on us and the...
How to Lose 24 Pounds in 2 Months
Losing 24 pounds in two months can be an intense undertaking. The Mayo Clinic suggests losing 1 to 2 pounds of per...
How to Lose 13 Pounds in Two Months
If you are overweight, losing 13 lbs. of excess weight in two months is a realistic goal that can be achieved by...
How to Lose 50 Pounds in Six Months
Losing 50 pounds in 6 months works wonders for your health, and it's a realistic goal for safe weight loss. Try these...