Pork tenderloin is a verstile and simple dish to prepare, and because there is very little fat and no bone, it's also a well priced cut of meat.
Things You'll Need
- 1 pork tenderloin, 1 1/2 lb.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. each marjoram, oregano, dried chives
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar or marsala cooking wine
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Remove pork tenderloin from wrapper.
Place meat in 9-by-13 baking dish. In small bowl, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar or wine and spices. Stir well with fork to mix.
Pour olive oil mixture over meat, flipping once or twice to make sure all sides are evenly coated.
Place uncovered in preheated oven and cook for 45 minutes.
Remove from oven, tent with aluminium foil, and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes. Carve on the diagonal and serve with rice, applesauce and steamed zucchini.
Tips & Warnings
- Chop up leftover pork and add to 1 1/2 cups cooked rice and 1/4 cup cooked peas for an easy main dish.
- Don't let meat overcook; since this cut has very little fat, it will become dry and tough.
- Photo Credit pork tenderloin image by jimcox40 from Fotolia.com
How to Cook Pork Loins
When you're tired of steak, fish or chicken, pork loins are a great alternative. Just as universal as chicken, this pork dish...
How to Cook a Pork Loin Roast
This article describes different kinds of pork loin roasts and cooking methods. No recipe is included, only cooking times and temperatures.
How to Cook a Pork Tenderloin in the Oven
How to easily and quickly cook a pork tenderloin in the oven and keep it incredibly moist! Plus a few suggestions on...
Pork Roast Cooking Times Per Pound
Cooking pork roasts vary in size and meat content. Use a meat thermometer as your primary determinant of doneness.