You can easily clean your windows and mirrors with no cleaning products, just water, a micro-fiber cloth & a clean terry cloth towel.
Things You'll Need
- Hot Water
- Micro-fiber cloth, the finer the better.
- A clean piece of terry cloth (I buy 10 in a pack at a discount store)
Rinse your micro-fiber cloth in hot water and wring out as well as possible.
Using the folded wet cloth go over the mirror or window thoroughly to remove any spots, usually just a quick wipe. You may have to rub harder on any really dirty spots.
Using the dry terry cloth go over the glass to dry. No streaks! No mess!
If you do have any residual streaks it is because you have been using a cleaning solution, so simply rinse the micro-fiber cloth & repeat the steps as given.
Tips & Warnings
- If you are doing outside windows that are dirty, go over them with a wet rag to remove the dirtiest parts then proceed as above.
- This works well on appliances that have fingerprints, etc.
- Chrome fixtures love this process!
- I wash my cloth occasionally with my white laundry.
- Don't use your micro-fiber cloth on any greasy areas as it will ruin the ease of cleaning glass
How to Clean Windows and Mirrors with Newspaper
If despite all your best efforts you still see streaks on your windows and mirrors after cleaning them, try using some newspaper....
How to Clean Your Windows Without Streaks
This simple method will leave your windows clean and streak free so you can enjoy the view outside instead of streaks and...
How to Clean Exterior Windows Without Using a Squeegee
Spring cleaning means washing exterior windows. We have three large sliding doors that show every drip and water spot. Harder to wash...