This is an easy recipe for a really good mushroom soup. It's delish!
Things You'll Need
- a box of crimini mushrooms (if you're feeling fancy you can go for wild mushrooms)
- 1/2 a red onion
- a clove of garlic
- fresh thyme
- white truffle oil (it's a bit pricy, but you don't have to put a lot and it will give an amazing taste to so many things you cook)
- olive oil
- 4 to 5 cups of chicken stock
Pour some olive oil in a pan with the mushrooms. Let cook for 10mn. Stir a few times.
Add the chopped red onion, mashed garlic and thyme. Continue to cook on medium/low heat until most of the mushroom juices have evaporated (usually 20-30mn).
Add the chicken stock and leave to simmer 10mn. Add salt and pepper as desired.
Blend all the ingredients in your blender.
Serve in individual bowls and add just a little truffle oil in the middle of each soup before serving. It will give an amazing flavor.
Tips & Warnings
- You can prepare this soup in advance and let it stand. Just reheat it before serving.
- Always add the truffle oil right before serving. It's better to add the truffle oil in individual portions of soup versus in a big bowl.
How to Make Cream of Mushroom Soup
Cream of mushroom soup is made with portobello mushrooms for rich flavor and can be served alone or used in other recipes.
How to Bake Chicken Using Cream of Mushroom Soup
Cream of mushroom soup, whether homemade or canned, can provide an earthy, hearty flavor when used as a sauce for chicken. Instead...
Choose Mushrooms for Mushroom Soup
Tips for choosing the best mushrooms; learn what type of mushrooms to use for making homemade mushroom soup in this free cooking...
Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe
Basic information about cream of mushroom soup; learn why it's a great soup to serve during football season in this free video...