Vinegar is a safe, organic, non-toxic way to kill mold forming around your home. Some of the most common areas of your home where you will want to avoid using harsh chemicals to kill mold growth are in the kitchen and bathroom. For those areas with high traffic and lots of moisture (and others), vinegar keeps mold down and keeps everyone using those areas healthy.
Things You'll Need
- Distilled white vinegar
- Plastic spray bottle
- Soft nylon brush
- Cleaning cloth or sponge
Pour the white vinegar into the plastic spray bottle. Use a small food funnel if you need to avoid overspill.
Spray a mist of the white vinegar onto the moldy area that you wish you clean especially when the area is a wall.
Use a soft nylon brush to gently work the vinegar into the moldy area.
Let the solution sit for about five minutes.
Spray another application of white vinegar over the mold and wipe it away with your cleaning cloth or sponge.