People often panic at the sight of fungus or mold in a home, but fungus and mold grow almost anywhere there is moisture and little or no light. While the majority of fungus are not toxic to humans, some are. Killing fungus regularly, before colonies can get deeply rooted, is a good idea.
Things You'll Need
- Breathing mask
- Boric acid
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Large spray bottle
- Scrubbing pad
Video of the Day
Identify fungus colonies by checking under sinks and anyplace else where moisture collects.
Mix 1 cup boric acid, 1 cup hydrogen peroxide and 1/2 cup vinegar in a large spray bottle.
Spray the boric acid mixture onto the fungus colonies you have identified and allow the mixture to soak for 15 minutes.
Put on your breathing mask and scrub the fungus colonies with a scouring pad. Clean the pad in a bucket of water frequently. Make sure that the fungus colonies you're scrubbing are still wet with the boric acid solution. If they dry out, re-wet them before scrubbing.
Re-spray the scrubbed areas with the boric acid solution and allow the solution to dry.