Mold and mildew are recognizable plant diseases. These identifiable attackers of plants and flowers presents with a white, powdery, string-like growth. It appears on flower petals, stems and leaf surfaces. The mold and mildew found on the flowers rarely kills them, but it can inhibit their growth and weaken their health. Killing the mold and mildew is possible with the right products.
Things You'll Need
- Spray bottle
Video of the Day
Water your plants early in the day so the moisture accumulated on the flowers can dry before sunset.
Space your flowering plants far enough apart to allow for good air flow.
Prevent a mold and mildew infestation by applying a liquid fungicide to the soil every one to two weeks during optimum weather conditions. Fungicides can be purchased at any home and garden store. Follow the manufacturer's recommended instructions.
Spray garden plants and flowers that have already been attacked by mold and mildew with a fungicide mixture. Add 2 tbsp. of liquid fungicide to 2 gallons of water.
Coat the flowers and leaves with the fungicide mixture once a week for three weeks. The fungicide kills the mold and mildew in seconds. The dead spores are washed off the flowers with the next rainfall or watering.