Most of us keep the camera handy around the holidays, but sometimes we need to create some fun moments to capture. I’ve got a few tips to share for capturing joy this holiday season by telling you what I personally like to plan and take pictures of with my family.
1. Matching Christmas jammies.This is a fun tradition in our family. It isn’t too late to find some jammies for your own tradition! Target sells some for everyone, but last year, I decided to whip out my dusty sewing machine and conquer the task myself. I even chronicled how I made them.
2. Treat Delivery Drive. Each year, my kids think it’s fun to bake treats for friends, and deliver them while viewing the beautiful neighborhood lights. Although we have our names attached to our treat, they like to run it to the doorstep, ring the bell, and run away. It’s always so fun to see if the person running will get caught.
3. All the presents. On Christmas morning, I like to take a picture of everything all set up from Santa, just before the kids emerge from their rooms for the festivities. It’s the most beautiful/clean time, and everything looks so perfect.
4. The kids running out to see what Santa brought. They always think it’s “no fair” that I’m out there peeking, but I tell them it’s to document their happiness. There are so many fun pictures to capture during the Christmas season, check out the ideas I already shared on Pictures with Lights and Pictures with Santa for other fun ideas.
5. The whole stack. I love to take candid pictures of the kids opening presents, but I also love to take pictures with each child, and their new gifts all stacked up, for memory’s sake. It’s fun to look back year after year and be reminded what it was that was gifted.
Images by: Kristen Duke