As the temperature continues to drop, we’re finding more and more chances to put those winter accessories into heavy rotation. Gloves are especially useful around this time of the year, and they can be the accessory that really brings an outfit together. If you’re looking for a way to upgrade your gloves on the cheap, look no further – here’s how to add a chic spin in just a few steps.
– Pair of leather or faux leather gloves
– Faux fur trim (at least 18 inches long)
– Fabric scissors
– Studded trim (optional)
– Strong craft glue (such as E6000)
1. Measure a segment of faux fur trim that is long enough to wrap around the wrist of one glove.
2. Glue the glove to the center of the faux fur trim.
3. Glue down the rest of the trim.
4. Cut a strand of studded trim long enough to fit the width of the faux fur trim.
5. Glue in place. Here, I positioned the studded trim right where the ends of the faux fur trim overlapped.
6. Repeat with the second glove. Let dry completely.
Photo credits: Kirsten Nunez (Step-by-Step Tutorial) & Haruka Sakaguchi of The Denizen Co. (Street Style)
More from Kirsten Nunez