Do you have a pair of old hoop earrings sitting untouched in your jewelry box? Transform them with stylish chains in a few simple steps.
– 1 pair of hoop earrings
– Box chain
– 6 large marquise rhinestones, matching or assorted
– 12 mini marquise rhinestones, matching or assorted
– A ruler
1. Cut 6 identical pieces of box chain, each approximately 2 inches (5 centimeters) long.
2. Slip 3 of the box chains onto each hoop earring.
3. Apply a dab of glue to the back of a large rhinestone.
4. Stick the rhinestone onto the bottom of the center piece of box chain.
5. Glue another rhinestone to the top of the same piece of box chain.
6. Glue another rhinestone equidistant between the two rhinestones. Repeat with three rhinestones on the other earring.
7. Apply some glue to the back of a mini marquise rhinestone.
8. Line the box chains up and glue a mini marquise rhinestone on each outside box chain next to each of the rhinestones on the center chain.
9. Repeat this for all 3 rhinestones on both sides on each earring, and you’re finished!
Photo credits: Geneva Vanderzeil
More from Geneva Vanderzeil